Monday, December 24, 2007

2007, Hell Yeah

The Best of 07, a walk/talk down the lane of memories.

So the year is about to come to an end. My oh my how we've had some
times, good and bad. Since it's been forever since a new post has happened on BlackandTan
this will probably be the last one of the year (and the first of December). Its Christmas Eve and I'm at work right now. So to get in the spirit of Xmas I'm going to envision a fireplace glowing and sleigh bells ringing, you should do the same. Here's some of my personal highlights/lowlights.

***Lets talk records-

Highs-










Spoon- GA GA GA GA GA










Arcade Fire- Neon Bible











Bright Eyes- Four Winds EP. 
While Cassadaga was kinda a disappointment (except for classic cars), the Four Winds EP was exceptionally awesome, with the lowest point of the EP
being the song about a dog.

-From what I hear the new Maritime record is sweet, same as the new Boss tunes. As soon as I get some money or gift cards I'll have to pick em up.

Let downs-
*Jay Z- American Gangster. People love it, I don't think its that
clever. We get it yr a hustler.
*2007- Kinda a let down year. 2006 ruled the school way more.

**Live and in Person

Highs-







Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton @ the Varsity. She blew me away.

Let Downs-

Ben Gibbard, David Bazan. Snooze alert. Although the concert was
actually quite fun, but when is it not when you
yell out ba ba ba through every Gibbard song (yeah we were those
assholes), the music was super boring and people were chatting up a storm.
There were two highlights, Bazan unbelievable remdition of "Hallelujah" and
Bazan's "You Remind Me of Home."

***Movies, Movies, Movies

This was a pretty busy year for me and movie theaters. Mostly I was
making noise in the back seats of the theater ("I think they really love one another"), 
but while taking short breaths I did get to view a few films.

Highs-

*3:10 to Yuma- Come on, I used to love watching that TV show about the
kids in the Wild West delivering mail, so I was bound to love this....and I did.

*Dan In Real Life- Sondre made me smile, Carrell made me depressed. Nuff
said.

*Reno 911: Miami- Junior and that whale was ridiculous, am I right?

*Jesus Camp- Oh to be young and involved in youth groups.

*Superbad- while uber ridiculous, it was so hilarious. "Cock blocking
McLovin," come on

Let Downs-

*American Gangster- It was supposed to be sweet. It was supposed to be
one of the best films of the year. It was supposed to be the make all break 
all of newer gangster films. So here's the deal, they did it better
in the Godfather (part I,II, and III), and Training Day.

*That New Pirates movie. It doesn't even require an explanation.

Blockbuster delivered to my door the US vs. John Lennon. That was super
sweet.

So as I ring in the new year, here's my resolution. I'm going to post a lot more, 
even if the posts are pointless and lame. I know I've been neglecting you baby, I'm sorry.

Heres some eye/ear candy. dig.



No comments: